Skip to main content

Ephemerata

A couple of days ago, around about lunchtime, I noticed an atmospheric optical phenomenon in the southern sky. It was a cold but clear Winter's day, so likely ideal circumstances for ice crystals in the atmosphere to refract light forming these sun dogs either side of the Sun.



These parhelia lasted for several hours, and whilst continuing to monitor them, I also thought I saw Santa's sleigh and his reindeer nearer to the horizon. I hadn't touched a drop either.

Comments

  1. Well, I'm done for now looking through your new blog. I'm finding if not so easy to navigate, because it kept sending back to previous posts versus moving forward. For example the blogs posts shown below on my screen are "popular posts", the first up being "Autumnal" dated September 27, 2020. In any case, it looks like you've been looking at the sky quite a bit (I can relate) and are being a bit more poetic in your descriptions than you used to be. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie, The latest Blogger format isn't to everyone's liking, which I guess isn't a big surprise. I have been able to keep things minimalist to allow larger images on the page. Thank you for your feedback, I will have a look at the post format to see if a more linear option is possible.

      Delete

Post a Comment