Skip to main content

The one with the movies in it

Here are a couple of videos of wildlife taken during the Lochinver week.

First up is a Drinker Moth caterpillar seen on the road through Glen Canisp. I have never knowingly seen the adult moth, but occasionally come across the caterpillars at this time of year, even if it's only in the beak of a Cuckoo (as they're a bit partial to a big caterpillar).

As I finished filming the video, a car approached along the single track road, so I stood back to let it pass. I had to hold my breath as it went over the caterpillar, but it was all ok, phew. 

This next video was filmed on a window sill of the cottage we were renting. Blue, Great and Coal Tits had been seen coming to the sill, as well as Chaffinches and Redpolls. So I put the camera out and retreated back indoors, controlling start and stop on my phone via WiFi. This is an edited version to miss out all the pauses and shots of a tit's arse as it lands on the camera and then hops down in front of it. 

The next couple of videos, though edited, are too large to upload to Blogger, so you will have to follow the links below to view them.

More window sill action

First steps at mindful moments

Back home now, at the coal face once more, but relaxing this weekend with a virtual garden bioblitz organised by the Orkney Field Club.

Comments