Skip to main content

Blogtober Seven

You just know that I'm going to start with the weather, right? It's much the same as yesterday, sunny periods interspersed with deluges of rain and hail. Except that it's vertical, not horizontal. Weird as heck around these parts.

Here's Mocha just before she was lulled into a false sense of security by the warm sunshine and ventured outdoors. She thinks she's a lap(top) cat.

But currently she is not allowed anywhere near electronic devices as she is a very drookit and damp pussy. She resisted any suggestion of a vigorous towelling down, but did deign to pause on the doormat upon her return home so that I could pretend to stroke her whilst wielding some kitchen roll. Jeez, cats and their pride. And I have put the heating on for her.

Packing has begun for our short break to visit family, and I realised that I had been putting off a sewing task for a goodly while. A pair of trousers required some darning, but I had never quite got around to it. Well, today was the day. I unearthed said trousers and retrieved the sewing kit (bought on our last holiday in April, I did say I had been tardy with this repair) and set out my accoutrements on the sofa.

It is safe to say that I have not done any darning or sewing for a while, and certainly not in a home with a cat. Some of you might be chuckling at the thought of what happened next, and I would've taken a photo for posterity if I'd had about another 4 pairs of hands. Goodness knows, just an additional 3 pairs would've been useful for the original task. I managed to extricate Mocha from the midst of the all the sharpness and neither of us came to any harm. Thankfully, she had her nails clipped yesterday, so... phew.

Preparation continued, but of a less fraught nature. In fact, it is nature, as I have been looking at the flight seasons for any dragonflies and damselflies that might still be on the wing in mid-October, as well as their likely haunts near our accommodation. You know the maxim, "Prior planning and preparation prevents poor performance". Ah, the old Seven P's. If you're wondering, I omitted the rude one.

Weather permitting, we will be outdoors, so choosing holiday clothes is quite straight forward. It's what we normally wear. Plus bins and cameras, and not forgetting the blogging phone!

Comments

  1. Well Mocha is definitely my kind of cat. With ours it’s the wool that gets them every time until it’s a tangled mess. Good luck with the packing. I’m thinking Mocha may sneak into the suitcase lol! Bx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is very likely that there will be exploration of the suitcases!

      Delete

Post a Comment