Today has felt like Autumn. Heavy showers of rain and hail have scudded across the county, driven on by a brisk westerly wind. The showers were book-ended by rainbows, whilst sunny periods tried to tempt us outdoors, but I didn't fall for that. Well, not after the first three times anyway 🙄.
My morning was spent with work and volunteer tasks: sorting out a TV and a satellite box after too many random button presses; delivering a 4G antenna to another company so that they could install it at a new airfield terminal building; and posting four copies of the latest Orkney Field Club journal to new members of the club.
After lunch, I set my mind to preparations for an upcoming installation of a microwave link: checking through the equipment; working out what was needed and not needed; and most importantly, whether I could fit a 10 foot pole inside the car rather than attaching roof bars. Thankfully, I could.
Then it was time for a bit more Autumn appreciation before it is gone. We had Teasel in the garden this year. Our Rowan and Silver Birch trees, whilst only small, are getting into the Autumn spirit. Our neighbour's Sycamore trees are dropping leaves so quickly, when the wind blows them across our patio, it sounds like stones rumbling in the tide.
At this rate, by tomorrow it might be Winter.
This post has been brought to you by a second-hand Google Pixel, courtesy of younger daughter. Holiday blogging should be possible and Blogtober will continue. Phew.
Comments
Post a Comment