After our day's travelling yesterday, we did not rise early this morning, so I missed the opportunity for a sunrise photo. However, here I am, a shadow of my former self, taking the morning air before we spent the day at the Anglian Water Birding Centre at Rutland Water.
Whilst the day's main focus was the avian interest, inevitably there was much else to sample: flowers, fungi, trees, insects and sausage rolls.
We managed to see a lifer, a Pectoral Sandpiper, and spotted four species of odes: Common Darter, Migrant Hawker, Willow Emerald Damselfly and Southern Hawker.
Too many photos to go through, but here's a brief taster: Spindle tree, Hornet and a 7-spot Ladybird.
Apologies, I have not figured out comments and replies yet.
I must give a special mention to the Chicken and Ham Pie at the Coach House Inn at South Luffenham. Pastry and filling were superb.
Comments
Post a Comment