Today, I have definitely peaked too soon. It was my turn to start first with Wordle, our go-to word game of a morning. My chosen opening word did not trouble the paint palette at all, no yellow or green letters. Megan rolled her eyes at my ineptitude and typed in her favoured second line, scoring exactly one yellow letter (used in the word, but not in that location). With only another four lines to play with, it was looking grim for our chances.
Perusing the 16 letters which remained unused, I eventually realised that there were actually very few word options, at least within my vocabulary. So, hoping that I wouldn’t end up on the wrong end of an American spelling, I entered the only word I could think of.
Everything else has been downhill from there.
Today is also the test day for non-laptop blog posting in preparation for travelling light. I haven’t tried posting from my iPhone ever, but I do recall laboriously tippy-tappying away, many moons ago, in another time and place, on a tiny hand-me-down Samsung. If memory serves, it was on a beach in Westray, so must have been a holiday, pre-move from south. [Author's note: it was thirteen years ago.]
My iPhone is aged, not much bigger than the recycled Samsung, and in technology terms it is probably considered prehistoric. Typosaurus wrecks, maybe. For the purposes of a nature blog and needing to mention some actual wildlife, I am taking that as a win.
I know, I thought, I’ll download an app. Oddly enough, there’s not an official Google Blogger app available in the Apple App Store. Funny that. There are, however, umpteen third-party apps which offer varying degrees of functionality, which I’m sure would be useful. But I steered clear of those when the blurb for the first one I looked at mentioned Russia.
Oh well, I guess it will have to be old school, typing in a web address and entering my log in details. Cyberspace is having a laugh, does it appreciate how long ago I set up NaHaL?! Quite a bit of research later, I eventually found my ID and password, and managed to log in to Blogger. Thank phew.
All was going well up to the point where I needed to add a photo and it quickly became apparent that would not be possible. Sure, there appeared to be four or five options for moving a photo from Apple to Google, but none that I could make work. So, Blogtober Three is typed on a phone, then the photo added later via a laptop.
More research will be needed if I am to complete Blogtober in all its technicolour glory.

Comments
Post a Comment